2.1.13

How I have used Blogger





Blogger was originally created by Pyra Labs. This new website started something very new and was the first of its sort. It really did change the way information was given and I think gave the public and 'ordinary' people a voice to talk about many different subjects. It was then brought by Google in 2003 and is a blog-publishing service that we have used to present are AS media coursework.


 Before starting this coursework I had used used Blogger for fun but did not fully understand how it worked or the options of layout, design and options to present. This coursework has fully improved my skills in using this technology. Looking back now at the end of the course I feel i have used Blogger well and effectively.



As a group we changed our favicon- to create a more professional, united set of blogs. Presenting clearing 'Unprecedented Pictures' as a group we have all added our 'UP' logo the right side of our page.


Looking at Rhys's blog I loved the way he edited the logo to a blue hue that has the effect of looking icy and split. I thought it would be good to slightly edit our logo to make it unique to my own blog, however I wanted to keep it in keeping with my design and the theme of horror films. So here are the steps i went through to edit the logo. Edited via Ipiccy Found a stock image of dripping blood, Added a layer to editor & changed to Darken to remove the white background. Then layered behind the image, and airbrushed the red that wasn't within the Black circle.Saved to JPEG and uploaded to blogger on the layout setting page.


*Please click to enlarge for better viewing*


My blog has been easy to personalize to my tastes and the way I choose to present my blog.

Embed codes have allowed me to link many other websites and information uploaders into my blog posts such as

  • You tube
  • Prezi
  • Chirbit
  • Scribd
  • Slide Share
  • xtranormal
  • Vimeo
  • Google Docs
  • Yahoo Media 
  • Wired Video

This mix of technology has allowed me to be versatile and increase my use of varying media technologies and platforms!

Blogger has also easier allowed me to add in many images to add to pieces of important text.

No comments:

Post a Comment