21.2.13

Producing My Evaluation



Concept - I wanted to film myself speaking formally about my media product. 
However layered with my speech to the camera I wanted to use other aspects and visual aspects to keep it interesting and engaging.


Filmed By- My evaluation was filmed on a Canon Camera I borrowed from my school. The quality worked well in some shots however some were unfocused which was difficult to alter. The camera was placed on a dolly to create the right height and composition of shot.

Mise-en-scene - A white wall background worked well to make me stand out. I also put our logo on the back of my script to keep it very in keeping and have a professional look.

Credits- As this unit has taught me how to create credits I though I should use these new skills and apply them by creating credits on Abobe Premier Pro CS6. I used a voice over to present the opening and present myself as a student.  I used one of our location shots to be the background of the opening which I edited with credits this establishes the setting of the film and links in nicely- more interesting than a simple colour or stock background.

Sound-  Ben Howard song adds melody, mood and adds interest to the possibly boring dialogue  I used a highlight in the music to work as a sound bridge across different sections and questions of the evaluation. 

Images- To present each of these different subjects and set questions i found a stock image of a white framed jpeg and edited in Ipiccy. Using the same image and font for the text ensured no contunity errors and worked nicely to link each question. 

Videos- I added many video's in that I downloaded such as our institution, Prelim video, Location horror shots, white board brainstorm and our final film opening. Made it simple to explain and link and was able to use the audio with the clip to layer over dialogue. 


Adobe Premier Pro CS6- My first trial at using this programme. Overall I would say I spent 8 hours editing this evaluation. It was a very large file, took lots of time to render and export and was very complicated in the editing of long clips. However this programme made it possible to add lots of layers and edit the sound in more detail then other more simple editors can. It was the perfect to task to teach me how to use this editor although I was constantly watching You Tube tutorials answering how I could do something or were that button was!!!


You tube- You tube I used to upload my video wmv file onto the web to embed into a blog post. This was a long process as the 18 minute file took a whole two days to upload. However, You tube is a great platform and shows the video in a high quality. 

How effect  is the final Evaluation- I am very happy with my evaluation and think it has worked effectively. I have used a range of technology, range of editors and used many of my skills to develop it. I have kept it very specific to my film and too my experience on this unit. Although I would have liked to present without a script this has ensured that all my points are covered and i can present a very thorough, interesting evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment